[Cialug] Re: Cialug Digest, Vol 39, Issue 17

Anthony Clifton anthony at changedearth.com
Tue Jul 8 16:12:25 CDT 2008

Since I'm on the list, I can respond to this.

It is correct that we were purchased, becoming Captain Jack
Communications, LLC, by Harvey Freese and Charlie Notis directly.  We
are not a subsidiary of their other businesses nor was there a merger.
We are a separate business entity with our own customer base and culture.

As anyone who has passed 2411 Grand Avenue and has seen our signs have
probably surmised, we are moving into the building with them next week.
We've been renovating the building substantially and will inhabit the
front half while Freese-Notis will inhabit the back half of the building.

We've already moved our server farm into a new data center we're
completing with F-N nearby.  (We are not in the 2411 data center.)  So,
after all these years and thanks to Harvey and Charlie, we've finally
gotten to upgrade to things like spiffy new rack Dells, APC NetShelters
and a Symmetra.  After a network reconfig tonight, we'll be able to
start hanging our servers off F-N's fiber-ific connectivity.

Without turning this into an advertisement, we do PHP development hosted
on many Linux boxen.  We do great looking web sites with lots of
attention paid to SEO, big and small web apps, ecommerce and content
management systems.

Anthony Clifton
Manager