[Cialug] Which Distro is best?

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Tue Jul 8 12:58:56 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Nick Johnson <mainbass64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> alright so all im did so far is uninstall wubi from my drive. Now i just put
> the wubi.exe folder onto a disc and boot from cd?

In the same folder as your wubi.exe there is probably a file called
ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386.iso or similar. It's about 700MB in size.
This is a copy of the CD (a cd image) and you can use your cd burner
software to burn it to a disk. How you do this varies from program to
program but you don't want to just copy the file to a cd. Instead you
need to use something like, "open cd from image" and then tell it to
find this .iso file. It will probably take you right to the "burn
disk" screen at that point.

You can also try logging onto the freenode network and joining the
#cialug chat room. You'll have to use chatzilla or pidgin or similar
programs to connect to IRC. The server name is irc.freenode.net. There
are several people there who can help you if you ask.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode