[Cialug] HTTP forwarding/proxying-ish something

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Tue Jul 1 17:43:35 CDT 2008

On Jul 1, 2008, at 5:06 PM, Aaron Porter wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Colin Burnett
> <cmlburnett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I want A:80 to serve foo.com but I want B:80 to server bar.com (based
>> entirely on HTTP 1.1 host header), which necessitates Apache on A:80
>> to understand bar.com and be able to forward requests to B:80.  My
>> requirement is both foo.com and bar.com resolve to the same public
>> static IP since I don't want to pay for more than one :)
>
> So, if I follow you right, something like this?
> (requires mod_proxy)

Yes. Also requires the mod_proxy_http module to actually service the
request.

Live example (at least for a few days):
	http://proxy.cynicbytrade.com/

Related config:
	leeloo /etc/httpd/vhosts 0$ cat 09-proxy.conf
	<VirtualHost *:80>
		ProxyRequests off
		ServerName proxy.cynicbytrade.com
		ProxyPass / http://www.google.com/