[Cialug] CIALUG gently turned me into a comprehensive vimmer (was: lsof! grep?)

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Tue Jul 1 16:32:46 CDT 2008

Nathan C. Smith wrote:
>> I can't count how many times I would be using firefox or some
>> such and I would end up with h's, j's, k's, or l's in the
>> text box, which inevitably led to a moment of silence and a
>> deep *sigh*.
>>

> It doesn't work in Notepad or Word either which is occasionally troubling until I realize where I am.

Some key combinations can be really interesting, for instance when
you're wondering why WinAmp is doing goofy things... it's because it has
focus, and not your editor...

One of my "favorites" is when I somehow accidentally hit ctrl + a number
in Ultra Edit - which changes it to one of it's own clipboards... and
can't figure out why I can't paste things between the browser and the
editor.

-dc