[Cialug] speaking of fiber, qwest?

David Bierce david at bierce.org
Tue Jul 1 12:30:28 CDT 2008

When I lived in Wisconsin and worked for CenturyTel (A telephone
company that was in the process of modeling themselves after Qwest),
they were still rolling out brand new copper trunks to brand now high
density housing divisions in Wisconsin and Minnesota, but were forced
in other markets to roll out fiber to home in Washington and Oregon,
kicking and screaming, cause the PCU's allowed anyone with the will
and the means to lay down copper or fiber to anyones home.

Would Qwest in metro Iowa be any different than CTL in that reguard?

Dave