[Cialug] mythbusters says to use linux, not vista

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Jan 31 10:20:59 CST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 10:06 AM, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com> wrote:

> you may not want/need to know this but that works in Outlook too.  That
> was
> a good day when I learned that tip.

I've seen this in desktop applications for a while but I was really
impressed when I saw it in gmail. The browser supports this feature
automatically for auto-complete fields but in gmail if you start to type a
name or email in the to: field you get a dhtml (non browser based) drop
down. You can use the delete key to delete those entries too.

Yeah, its off topic but I like to give praise where praise is due and gmail
is a marvel and combining the usability of desktop apps and browser based
apps. Also I like that you can check one email in list view, hold shift and
check another e-mail and all the e-mails between automatically get checked.
If you think about it, who takes the time when writing html applications to
pay attention to this level of detail? Its not hard to implement but someone
had to have the foresight and time to get it done.

Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode