[Cialug] mythbusters says to use linux, not vista

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Jan 30 14:18:34 CST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 12:58 PM, Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com> wrote:

> Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> > I'm excited to see what would happen to the computer industry if
> Microsoft
> > started to feel like their monopoly is threatened.
>
> MS would deploy the army of lawyers?
>
> eventually MS will morph their passive aggression into full-blown
> aggression, rather than actually attempt to compete
>
> or we could hope that they stop making good-enough products and make
> good ones, but I'll poo in the other hand, and see which one fills up
> first

If you look at the IE6 -> IE7 backpedal, where they announced there would be
no new browser upgrades except for operating system upgrades, then changed
their mind when firefox started getting big marketshare, I'd say there is
hope. I still like FF more than IE7 but IE7 is sooooo much better than IE6
and I will say that it is better at a couple things than FF. (font rendering
is the biggie) MS can innovate when pressured to do so.

You're not wrong though about the attack lawyers... seems to be their plan
for office suite competition.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode