[Cialug] Songbird

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Thu Jan 24 16:49:24 CST 2008

Anyone been looking at this?

http://www.songbirdnest.com/

I installed it last night, and it looks interesting. I'm not really keen
on the interface, but it looks like a promising project.

The interface has too much stuff that happens by "magic". If I'm playing
a playlist, then navigate to something on the web interface, I couldn't
find how to get back to the playlist again. The way it interfaces with
the web content is pretty slick though.

<gripe>
My mp3 collection all has .m3u playlists, and that's how I usually
listen to it - just select the .m3u in my media player (audacious in
linux, winamp in windows) and play it. Songbird will import my playlists
(one at a time from what I can tell). But once the .m3u is imported, all
of the songs go into the big playlist - they don't stay as my playlists.
It's possible I'm just overlooking something - like I can go back and
sort by album or whatever.
</gripe>

-dc