[Cialug] Konqueror

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Jan 23 08:59:38 CST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008 7:33 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2008 10:56 PM, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> wrote:
> > I Googled for "konqueror images html" and found this:
> > http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8663
> > Works on my ancient version, maybe this is what you're looking for?
>
> That's it!  Can't seem to find it in my not-ancient version.

Nifty feature... In Ubuntu, I installed konq-plugins. This made it available
for konq 3 but I couldn't see it unless I clicked the icon in the middle of
the start page to view my home folder. Once I was in directory browsing mode
it appeared under the tools menu.

I don't see a way to add it to konq4. I checked dolphin-kde4 to see if
they'd moved it there and I don't see it listed (though dolphin-kde4 is much
improved in appearance over dolphin for kde 3).

It's not quite as easy as a right click, but google's picasa for linux also
exports nice photo galleries and has a few templates to chose from. You can
also create your template.

F-spot, which is FOSS, also has this. In F-spot go to export and you'll see
a bunch of options. It also has the benefit of exporting to a few different
locations such as picasa web, flickr, facebook or your ftp server.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode