[Cialug] Connection closed by remote host

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Sat Jan 19 15:06:14 CST 2008

If your box kernel panicked,  it might act this way.  If you've used
all of your memory and swap, it might act this way.  There could be a
lot of reasons for this to happen.  If it is memory related, you
might get lucky getting into it if something ends and frees up a
little memory.

Your best bet is to go to the console and see what it says and then
reboot the box :)

-Tom