[Cialug] Thanks for coming to last night's meeting

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Fri Jan 18 14:17:08 CST 2008

Barry Von Ahsen wrote:
| John Lengeling wrote:
||| next meeting of the Central Iowa Linux Users Group (and
||| Philosophical and Theological Discussion Circle (and Beer and Gun
||| Club)).
|| Gun Club!  If knew CILUG met and talked about something other than
|| what I normally do at work, I would have tried going to meetings
|| sooner.  I would rather go out target shooting or argue firepower
|| versus stopping power any night. :-)
|
| but we have to shoot this:

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/17/hello-kitty-ar-15-assault-rifle-mak
es-you-wish-it-was-photoshopp/
| (direct link, dns failing atm)

http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/2007/12/26/hello-kitty-ar-15---evil-
black-rifle-meets-cute-and.aspx

| must create tux ar50/beastie m4

Hmm. Could be interesting... I was issued a .45 "grease gun" ("fire
hose" might have been a more accurate moniker) that I later
surrendered for an M-16 that amazed me by actually hitting what I
aimed it at. I liked it well enough that when I left the service I
went out and bought a Colt "Sporter-1" (AR-15) and added a 3-9X
Bushnell scope.

In spite of the relatively short barrel, the Sporter-1 makes a fairly
good hunting rifle. At one point I took a year of educational leave
from IBM and the Sporter-1 (along with a Browning 20ga) did a first
class job of keeping meat on the table.

For stopping power in close quarters (or rearranging the furniture) it
was pretty hard to beat 600 rpm of 45's at close range from the grease
gun...

Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA