[Cialug] Screen cast formats?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jan 17 15:15:36 CST 2008

On 1/17/08, Matt Millard <gocyclones at eml.cc> wrote:

>     * Ogg Theora
>        - Open source reference implimentation
>        - However not everyone has the codec to view the videos
>        - Possible solution is http://www.flumotion.net/cortado/ web
>          player for Ogg Theora

I don't know about the virtualization user group, but Ogg Theora seems
the most logical choice for a Linux user group.  As far as viewing,
there's a new project called FedoraTV that lets you upload Ogg Theora
videos and then view the video using a Flash player (similar to
YouTube) but also allows you download the Ogg Theora video.  For a
sample see:

http://fedoratv.com/?p=14591

Also, looking at your wiki pages, I don't know why installing Istanbul
would pull in KDE libraries.  It should be a pure Gnome app, but maybe
the Ubuntu packager did something weird.

Jeff