[Cialug] no more UPS needed

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Fri Jan 4 19:08:16 CST 2008

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
| <civics lesson>
|
| Not if we are engaged on the topic. Of course, if we sit back and
| let the legislators handle all the issues, then sure. That is a
| foregone conclusion.
|
| I think we need to get people more engaged in national business so
| that legislators become more acccountable so that good laws have a
| chance to pass.  Look at tobacco for example. Now that the public
| (in general) realizes the harm in tobacco and are engaged on the
| topic, the tobacco lobby is less powerful and has less influence.
|
| Similarly, lobbies that are advocating for issues and products that
| are truly in our interest (and not just for someone's pocketbook)
| are strengthened when we speak up.
|
| </civics lesson>
|
| All that aside, it would be cool if we can get some of those
| alternative energy solutions before 10 years. I'm tired of hearing
| how it will be 10 years into the future.

Absolutely - I'm in total agreement, since my business involves the
manufacture and sales of fusion-powered residential heating units
which require purchase of neither electrical power nor fuel for
operation.

I probably should mention that they produce no by-products,
radioactive or otherwise.

<civics lesson>

The price of these remarkable alternative energy solutions increased
immediately the tobacco tax increase was made effective. I'm a smoker.

</civics lesson>

Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA