[Cialug] Re: updating mysql users after db relocation

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Feb 28 14:50:46 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com> wrote:
> Matthew Nuzum wrote:
>  do you have to update the host or db tables to match the new user table?
>
>  -barry

Ah. Maybe I'm not so foobar'd after all.

Also, I found that one of my problems was in my /etc/mysql/my.cnf.
Removing the line about bind-address fixed some things too.

I can now connect to the mysql server remotely but not yet use any of
the databases.

For future reference, it's probably better to just issue new grant
statements. I thought I'd be saving some time instead of hunting down
all the passwords for the various web applications I test with (which
is what this database is for).

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode