[Cialug] Python - GUI questions

Dave Crouse crouse at usalug.net
Wed Dec 31 01:28:59 CST 2008

I posted a link to the gui application I wrote in a previous post, and
it uses the "grid" method and tkinter.  The other common option is the
"pack" method.  Is one way better than the other ?  I understand the
grid method somewhat, but haven't delved into the pack way of doing
gui's, at least not yet.

I decided to use Tkinter to start with since it's included with Python
and makes it much easier to do cross platform stuff (I think). I know
alot of people prefer to use wxpython, but I haven't made it there
yet.  Any reasons I should just start with wxpython vs messing with
Tkinter ??

Any suggestions ?