[Cialug] Mediatomb

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at mchsi.com
Tue Dec 30 19:50:01 CST 2008

There were two lines I had to change in the config.xml file
/mediatomb/config/config.xml

The first thing I changed was the following

</server>
<import hidden-files="no">
<protocolinfo extend="yes">    <--- This is the line I had to put in after
reading through the docs on the
mediatomb page.

The mediatomb icon showed up on the ps3 after adding that line.
Then farther down in the config look for the following...

<!-- Uncomment the line below for PS3 divx support -->
<map from="avi" to="video/divx"/>

Just removed the "<--" and "-->" to uncomment that lins and save the file..

I had to log on as root in order to save the config.xml file.

I haven't had much time to do more than to play some short avi's and mp3's
to test it.

-dh