[Cialug] How many people are using Python ?

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Dec 30 13:19:15 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Colin Burnett <cmlburnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not a parsing issue.  Use the XHTML strict DOCTYPE and it parses
> just fine.  It literally eats them and puts nothing in the DOM.
> "foo&mdash;foo" becomes "foofoo".

I'm not sure specifically how it handles entities, but I like using
lxml for dealing with XML in Python:

http://codespeak.net/lxml/

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"