[Cialug] How many people are using Python ?

Dave Crouse crouse at usalug.net
Tue Dec 30 11:28:42 CST 2008

Oh having books is NOT the problem, time, and something to practice on
(a good project that someone new to python can work on) seem to be my
major stumbling blocks.  I hate asking "stupid" questions, and while
I'm pretty good at bash, the OOP stuff in Python kicks me in the butt.
  I started a very small "user" group on my own website, but out of
the 11 people that started with me, only 1 is very active at all.   I
actually did write a gui program using python, it's not superb, but it
works.  http://python.pastebin.com/f2e1354b5

A Byte of Python
Swaroop C H
www.byteofpython.info

is a great online book to. But like I said, I have plenty of books ;)
I was interested in how many "local" users in the group used Python,
and if there had ever been any interest in a Des Moines python group
lately ?

Dave