[Cialug] Window manager for servers

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:11:05 CST 2008

I typically use 'screen -x', since I am never disconnecting, or killing
my old sessions. I just lock the PC and walk a way, or (on more secure
servers) I disconnect  from the server.

I enjoy having the screen -x in my bashrc, but that is a personal
preference. Again, on my more secure computers I avoid that, simply to
remind myself where I am and what I am doing, as well as to avoid giving
anyone that did manage to compromise my account a 'freebie'.

Jeff