[Cialug] Aspire One - looking for recommendation

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Tue Dec 9 11:10:39 CST 2008

I bought Acer Aspire One (120GB, 8.9" LCD, XP Home) in Sam's Club few
days ago. $349 + tax
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=420110

I like it. I need some time to get used to smaller keyboards, but it's
ok. Last night I was even working on it for more then 4 hours without
problems. :-)
I plan to install Ubuntu on it.

I did some research and found some advantages having SSD comparing to
"regular" HD (boot speed, starts apps faster, needs, battery last
longer...) And I found "the same" Acer Aspire One (AOA110-1626 Netbook -
Intel Atom™ Processor N270 1.60GHz, 802.11b/g Wireless, 1GB DDR2, 16GB
SSD, 8.9" WSVGA, Integrated Webcam, Linpus Linux Lite)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4143759&sku=A180-8002
Now, I can't decide: keep the one with "regular" HD and instlal Ubuntu,
or return it and buy this Linux version (most likely Linpus will be
replaced with Ubuntu)

Waiting for opinions and suggestions.

Thanks.

-afan