[Cialug] CentOS Yum error

Tim Perdue tim06 at perdue.net
Tue Aug 12 08:51:03 CDT 2008

Dave Weis wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Tim Perdue wrote:
>> Dave Weis wrote:
>>> Do you have an older or newer version of libpq installed? What does
>>> rpm -qa | grep postgresql-libs
>>> report?
>>
>> It should have all come from centos, but this particular machine has
>> git manually installed, so I wonder if one of my guys did a --force
>> install of an RPM or something
>>
>> [root at texinst1 bin]# rpm -qa | grep postgresql-libs
>> postgresql-libs-8.1.11-1.el5_1.1
>> [root at texinst1 bin]# locate libpq
>> /usr/lib/libpq.so.4
>> /usr/lib/libpq.so.4.1
>
> I already erased the previous email but I think it was looking for
> libpq.so.3, an older library. Perhaps there's a compatibility one
> available to deal with the php-pgsql requirement for an old version.

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libpq.so.4 is needed by package php-pgsql
Error: Missing Dependency: libpq.so.4 is needed by package apr-util
Error: Missing Dependency: libevent-1.1a.so.1 is needed by package nfs-utils

I don't think so - it seems to be the right version. It's something
borked in the rpm database.