[Cialug] SDHC support

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 17:54:26 CDT 2008

In my experience being able to use SDHC is more about software than
hardware.  I have a *very* old USB 1.1 SD adapter and it will read my 8GB SD
card as long as the OS I'm plugging it into supports SDHC.

***as a side note, I'd recommend against ever using a USB 1.1 adapter to
transfer files on a SDHC card, just because it might take a few hours you
don't have***

On my treo 680, a software update to the OS allowed it to read SDHC (though
it doesn't report the size correctly, it can still see and read/write to the
entire thing.

Testing is always a good idea.  Only thing to be wary of us making sure
there are no viri on the SD card that will auto-install when you plug it
in.  As long as you disable autorun you should be fine.  And you're probably
fine regardless if you're testing in Linux.

-B