[Cialug] software freedom day

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Mon Aug 4 14:06:52 CDT 2008

Barry Von Ahsen wrote:
> David Champion wrote:
>>> Barry Von Ahsen wrote:
>>> well, crap, the library is booked.  Tony Bibbs mentioned this place:
>>> http://impromptustudio.com/plans/ - 300 sw 5th, just south of MLK,
>>> which may be a bit more convenient for market walkers
>>>
>>> any other downtown-ish areas?
>>>
>> Science Center?
>>

> that could work.  I checked out
> http://www.sciowa.org/aspx/GetStarted/Groups/FacilityRental.aspx and
> looked at the commons classrooms - it is available, but since we're
> not eating, it would cost the whole $500, but I bet we could get great
> foot traffic both from the FM and from the SCI croud.  we'd kinda
> talked about an event there before, maybe this is the opportunity
>
> -barry
They may be willing to give us a better deal since we're not a
for-profit business, and kind of doing a community service type
operation. I know there's a gaming group called "Gathering of Gamers" or
something like that, who've used the Science Center for events, and I'm
guessing they can't afford $500 rent (based on prior experience running
gaming events).

-dc