[Cialug] BarCamp is coming...

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Aug 4 09:18:34 CDT 2008

The more people that come, the cooler it will be.  It's also a free
event, so you lot have no excuse.  :)

------------

The 2nd Annual BarCamp Des Moines event is quickly approaching this
month on Saturday, August 23rd starting at 10am at the Adventureland
Inn.

For those of you who have never attended a BarCamp, it is an ad-hoc
gathering of geeks born from the desire for people to share and learn in
an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and
interaction from attendees.

In this open spaces event, the actual sessions are determined when
attendees vote on them, but there are already many people who have
expressed interest in talking about subjects including:  social
networking, professional podcasting, agile software development,
Flash/Flex, cloud computing, and plenty of other wide ranging topics.
We had a great turnout (40-50 people) last year when no one even knew
what to expect, so after the positive reviews, we're expecting an even
bigger turnout this year!

Because area companies sponsor the event (food, give aways, etc), it is
entirely free for those who wish to attend.

*****
If you are interested in this event, please let us know by clicking the
"I'm Going" or "I'm Interested" links here:
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/860092
*****

What's a BarCamp like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pcBvi8tGVo

General Information on BarCamp Des Moines (including Photos &
Retrospective from last year):
http://barcampdesmoines.pbwiki.com/

Sign up for the BarCamp Des Moines Mailing List at:
http://groups.google.com/group/barcampdesmoines

BarCamp Des Moines on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/dmbarcamp

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC