[Cialug] another cacti question

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Wed Apr 30 15:57:19 CDT 2008

I'm doing bandwidth graphing of devices hooked to a switch and want to
move them to a different switch but want to keep the historical data for
bandwidth usage of the device, not start over with 0.

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Jeff Davis wrote:

> What exactly are you monitoring that will change?
> Is the IP of the server changing?
>
> I wouldn't expect changing the connection from
> one port in a switch to another to matter, so
> I think I'm missing some information.
>
> -Jeff
>
> Dave Weis wrote:
>>
>> Say I'm moving a server from one port on a switch to a different port on a
>> switch. Is there a way to keep all of the cacti history and just update how
>> it's getting data in the future? What if it moves to a completely different
>> switch?
>> dave

Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent
                       encroachments of those in power than by violent
                       and sudden usurpations."- James Madison