[Cialug] Syncing between Linux & Windows Mobile phone

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:55:07 CDT 2008

Well, I haven't hooked up to linux yet w/ the phone, but I can say that 1.)
I LOVE the mogul!  2.) I set my phone up with both my gmail accounts on imap
and it works great.  Only thing to note is when you "delete" on the phone,
the emails stay in gmail with a "[Imap]/Trash" Label.  I would suggest
either sprint's "everything" for 99/mo for unlimited voice/data/txt/GPS or
see if you can get the sprint SERO plan (www.sprint.com/sero) You will need
an email address of a sprint employee for sero, and you are supposed to get
"referred" by that person.  Check www.howardforums.com as some people there
will refer you to this program.  There's 3 voice packages starting @ 500
mins/$30 a month with unlimited data and txt.  Also, make sure you're
phone's got the latest ROM update (only sprint has updated it's rom as far
as i know).  It adds EVDO rev. A and activates the GPS so you can use it
with any app (read: free w/ google maps or M$ live search or your own GPS
software).  IMHO MS Live search is a bit better than google maps.  If you do
get the Sprint Mogul, let me know and I'll send you some tweaks that will
improve the phone just a bit (requires registry editing).

Oh, and unless you've got someone else in mind, or you actually get a sprint
rep to refer you to SERO, can you list me as your sprint referral?  You do
this after you get the phone.  Just send me a note if you'll list me as your
referal and I'll give you my number to enter.

Good luck!

--Justin

P.S. Nothing against US Cellular.  I had them, and loved them for years, but
x1 RTT has nothing on EVDO's speed. And...wait...last I checked the only WM
PPC USC had was the Moto Q?  Would figure...I told them I left because they
didn't have any other WM devices and no EVDO...looks like they got half of
it done.....Dunno about USCC having GPS ready yet.  I know Qwest and AT&T
didn't have this on their 6800 roms last I checked.