[Cialug] beginner here...

Mike Davis mike.davis.50322 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 22:41:33 CDT 2008

OK.  Well, basically, I thought I would first learn to install something
other than what's available through Synaptic.  I have fond memories of my
Commodore 64, so I thought I'd install a c-64 emulator for practice, found
here:

http://www.sourcefiles.org/Emulators/Commodore/

But the only thing the book is explaining to me is how to download with
synaptic.  It doesn't go into detail about how to download misc. files off
the web and actually make them run (which of course you can do in windows
with just a double-click).  So I'm at a loss as to how to do this.  I'm sure
it's quite simple, once you guys teach me, but as of right now I'm quite
lost.

Once again, thanks for the welcome and the help.

Mike Davis