[Cialug] Weird Hardware Issues

Jonathan C. Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Wed Apr 9 08:23:17 CDT 2008

I'm stumped on this one.. We have a server running Sarge that just stops serving Samba requests (it gets real intermittent first), but the server is otherwise responsive. If I log in and run "ps ax", The system will hang while listing all the running smbd processes. It's a hung hard too - only a reboot resolves it. Issue seems to happen once per day. We've run memtest, but haven't been able to burn in the rest of the hardware. Nothing of value in the logs. Thoughts?

-Jon