[Cialug] OT: Acronym assistance

Nathan Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Apr 1 16:01:06 CDT 2008

I could use some help thinking of some alternative acronyms for RAID.

Here is one I came up with that hints at the sentiment I am trying to convey:

Real Arrogance about Impending Data loss.

Ok, it's far from perfect, a bit of a stretch - you see why I need help.  I want something that indicates RAID isn't perfect, and relates to the inevitability of Data loss without backups.

(Maybe somebody has a clever haiku too?)

I'm working on a presentation about open source backup software and in particular a case study about Bacula saving my bacon.

I'm looking forward to some clever ones and I will certainly credit you if I use them.

Thanks.