[Cialug] Virtualization and Security

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:58:08 CDT 2007

On 9/22/07, Josh More <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> If you're interested in discussing issues like these at greater detail,
> be sure to come to first meeting of the virtualization user's group
> (meeting depends on website, website depends on us choosing a name).

Well, the VMware MUG is semi-officially called "Iowa Area VMware User
Group" and, in general, VMware UG's are called VMUGs.  Therefore, we
should probably steer clear of anything similar.

Here are a few I brainstormed this evening:
- Central Iowa Virtualization User Group, CIAVUG
- CIAVUG Is A Virtualization User Group, CIAVUG (sorry, couldn't resist).
- Central Iowa Virtual Infrastructure User Group, CIAVIUG
- Drop the "C" from each of the above for IAVUG and IAVIUG?
- Virtual Infrastructure User Group Iowa, VIGIA (perhaps this looks
too close to a certain pharmaceutical which is popular with the
spammers, though)
- Virtual Infrastructure User Group of Central Iowa, VIUGCIA
- Central Iowa VMware and Xen User Group, CIAVXUG

I think "Virtual Infrastructure" sums it up better than
Virtualization, but that's just me.  Any other ideas?

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night

My GNUPG public key is available at http://www.kristau.net/public_key.asc