[Cialug] Virtualization and Security (Josh More)

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:19:03 CDT 2007

> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:44:32 -0500
> From: "Josh More" <morej at alliancetechnologies.net>
> Subject: [Cialug] Virtualization and Security
> To: <cialug at cialug.org>
>
> I was going to write a quick email about security issues in
> virtualization that are NOT related to the physical, but Swa Frantzen
> beat me to it.  If you use virtualization, please read
> http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=3411&rss
>
> If you're interested in discussing issues like these at greater detail,
> be sure to come to first meeting of the virtualization user's group
> (meeting depends on website, website depends on us choosing a name).
>

> -Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
> morej at alliancetechnologies.net
> 515-245-7701
>

> End of Cialug Digest, Vol 29, Issue 36
> **************************************

Hey,
Just a quick email from a longtime lurker:
Cedarlug (cedarlug.org) will be having a meeting in the near future and is
brining in a professional from EMC (emc.com) to give a talk on VMware. I'll
make sure to update you all about this meeting, as it appears there is some
virtualization interest on this list.

Promotional plug: The talk is sponsored by my employer, T8DESIGN (
t8design.com) who is bringing a new division online, T8INFRASTRUCTURE (
t8infrastructure.com) and will be leveraging virtualization and N+1
redundancy down to the hardware level.

--
Jeff Chapin
Ex-President, CedarLug