[Cialug] OT: Rock-Solid Workstation

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Sat Sep 22 06:39:13 CDT 2007

I did do some lamp development on a windows workstation and consistently
run into a number of small problems with some utilities like htmldoc,
etc. Also the differances in the config was on occasion an issue. When I
switched to a Linux machine that was setup the same as my server, those
issues disappeared.

I'm not saying cross platform  development is a bad thing. In fact I
make sure the client side of my stuff runs on IE.,Firefox and Safari,
but I can save myself time and some headaches bu "developing on what I
run on"

:) Dave