[Cialug] OT: Rock-Solid Workstation

Bryan Baker ka_klick at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 16:30:01 CDT 2007

I don't really see the conflict (depending on what exactly you're
developing). For typical LAMP stuff or most any POSIX style thing, I
see not much more difference in user space than between distros.

If you're talking drivers, kernel or X I could see your point, if you
develop those sorts of things I'd stick to the platform your target is.

Though, these says w/ Macs running inTel and some good virtualization
products around, you /can/ run a mac, and Win(whatever) and Linux all
on the same box, at the same time.