[Cialug] Meeting - Wednesday 19th

Travis Schmidt nightwingbatcave99 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 16:04:25 CDT 2007

Jennifer Schmidt would be interest in this.  Just keep me posted. Travis

Josh More <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:  Dave,

There's not much to give on the new virtualization users group, but
here is what we have:

1) Focus will be on virtualization technologies in general but in
depth. Expected technologies include:
a) VMWare
b) Xen
c) Citrix
d) VirtualIron (if anyone cares)

2) We will look to existing partnerships to bring in presenters from
virtualization companies, but they will be technical, not sales-related.
Ideally, they'll bring fun giveaways too.

3) The meetings will be at Alliance to start, but once the group gets
going if they want to meet elsewhere, that's fine by us.

4) Meetings will be once a month

5) There will be a website and mailing list

Really, that's all we know right now. The next step would be to get
people other than Michael, Theron, and myself to express an interest.
That way, we can pick a meeting time that works for everyone, set a
topic schedule and start lining up speakers.

If you're interested, please email me directly.

Thanks,

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701

Josh More wrote:
> Please remember that we have a meeting this coming Wednesday. The
> theme this month is Virtualization, and we will have short talks by
> Stephen Webb, Michael Keen, and Theron Conrey (all recently returned
> from VMWorld). I also expect to talk a bit about the new website.

Thanks to the presenters at the meeting last night - that was good
stuff. As people pointed out, Virtualization is going to be huge in
the
IT industry.

Josh, can you give us more info on the Virtualization users group
that's
forming?

-dc