[Cialug] Xmodmap at beginning of X session

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 21:37:38 CDT 2007

On 9/14/07, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> wrote:
> I haven't needed xmodmap for quite a while, but when I did, I put it in the
> .profile (it was running ksh), with an if check around it.  The if check
> would check to see if a variable was set, and if not, run xmodmap and set
> the variable.  You could also check to make sure DISPLAY is set so if you
> ssh in, it won't try to run xmodmap.

Yeah, this is exactly what I came up with, except bash-flavored.  But
it feels like a hack, hence my question.  I still can't help feeling
there's some more proper place to put this.  Thanks for the response,
though, as now I feel less bad about my approach. ;-)

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer