[Cialug] Xmodmap at beginning of X session

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 16:08:48 CDT 2007

What's the least ugly place to automate "xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap" for an X session?

I have tried a few different places over time and decided they were
all ugly hacks.  Gnome seems to notice you have ~/.Xmodmap and ask you
if you want it executed, but it has the very unfortunate downside (for
me) of being Gnome.   ;-)

So what do y'all do?  The machines I deal with generally have either
KDE or Xfce.

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer