[Cialug] Bondi Imac -> Linuxy Hawtness

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Wed Sep 12 04:32:08 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 00:34, Nathan Stien wrote:
>On 9/12/07, Anthony Clifton <anthony at changedearth.com> wrote:
>> I have a couple original bondi imacs kicking around in the garage
>
>I've put Debian on an olde timey iMac before, worked out just fine.
>Debian Sid ppc.

I've also ran Debian on G3 iMacs (2nd generation, not the bondi blue one
that you have) and it worked fine. If there is plenty of RAM in the
thing, you could even try Ubuntu. For the latest version, however, the
PPC ISO is not available on the main Ubuntu download page since it is
community supported. I've found it before with a bit of Googling
though.