[Cialug] OT: DVD drive problem

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Mon Sep 10 16:29:38 CDT 2007

The real issue here is that you have an laptop that doesn't perform as
expected. The issue is that the laptop is sluggish when using the DVD.
Arguing with the tech about what the issue will be pointless.

I would pull back from arguing about the drive and demand that the
laptop be fixed or replaced. I'd be firm about it. Be overbearing if you
have to. You paid good money for the laptop. Don't settle for some lame
excuse. You don't care what's wrong with it, you just want it fixed.

If he jerks you around, tell him you want to talk to his to boss, when
he  jerks you around, find out who to call at the corporate office. Keep
moving up the tree until you get it fixed. Never give up, and don't fall
into the "Its not the drive" trap. Demonstrate the problem and demand
that they fix or replace it -and don't let them send it off for 3 weeks,
either, demand a replacement. If they won't give you replacement, demand
a refund.

Document every conversation you have with them. Nothing makes me madder
than spending good money on something that doesn't work, and then
getting jerked around to tryinh to get your item fixed or get your money
back.

:) Dave