[Cialug] Iowa Ruby Brigade

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Sat Sep 8 09:39:10 CDT 2007

You can get IE 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0 for Linux from here:
http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

It installs as your local user, not root, and requires wine to be
installed first (but not configured).  They work fine for rendering
tests, and surprisingly a lot of ActiveX works as well.  Don't rely on
the java integration though.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

On Sep 6, 2007, at 4:47 PM, Tim Wilson wrote:

> There's a fairly simple javascript library that fixes the PNG bug
> in IE.  It can be found at:
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/pnghowto.htm
>
> I've played with it some.  I don't know how it would integrate with
> Ruby.

Tim,

Thanks.  I've updated the site using this script and it looks much
better in IE6.

If anyone has access to IE 5.5 and wouldn't mind checking, how does
the logo look?

   http://www.iowaruby.org

By the way, I discovered that Radiant CMS ships with the pngfix.js
javascript file, so all I had to do was add the following

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<!-- pt defer type="text/javascript" src="pngfix.js"></scr -->
<![endif]-->

to my layout.  That's it.  Couldn't have been easier.

Thanks again.

--David