[Cialug] Xen Virtualization Server

Theron Conrey theron.conrey at dice.com
Fri Sep 7 13:59:55 CDT 2007

Todd,

25$ a month is right where I'm asking.
I'm not looking to kickstart a hosting business, I'm looking to get the services I host out of my basement and into a "real" datacenter. To offset the cost and allow others to do the same I have a donated server that is well beyond what I need. (server stats at xenkibbutz.com)

Turning one massive server it into multiple VMs makes sense, and I can carve up the server for other people well this way.

I don't like doing things a new and exciting way if others are already effectively doing the same thing I want to accomplish, so I'm using the model established by the guys at xen-hosting.com.  Other people are doing this as well, using their model.

In my current day job I'm a systems administrator for Dice.com in charge of their VMware infrastructure.   I've been keeping food on my family's table with *nix for just over 10 years, (although I prefer brewing beer to working on computers), I enjoy long wal..er nevermind.

More server details can be found at xenkibbitz.com

-Theron