[Cialug] Iowa Ruby Brigade

Jerry Heiselman jweida at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:14:10 CDT 2007

On 9/6/07, David W. Body <davidbody at bigcreek.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to let everyone know that we are starting a Ruby/Rails user
> group in central Iowa.

This makes me kind of sad that the Pyowa group didn't take off.  I love the
language, but there just didn't seem to be much traffic.

I've only played with Ruby a little and quickly decided that I preferred
Python, but I may come to the meeting just to try to break into it again.
The language looks and feels very solid.  It's too bad that most of the buzz
around it seems to be causing it to be pidgin-holed as a "web" language.  It
is far more capable (as RoR proves).  I can seriously see it being the first
big contender to unseat Perl as the de facto language for general use.

--
Jerry H
jweida [-at-] gmail [-dot-] com