[Cialug]using ICS with a laptop

Dan Hockey icepuck2k at mchsi.com
Wed Oct 31 20:43:19 CDT 2007

I have been trying to share the wifi from my laptop to another computer
through a crossover cable. I've tried to do this in both xp pro and mandrive
2k7 on the same laptop, with basically the same results. Now for the funny
part... If I use another card instead of the wifi I can get ICS to work as
described in http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics but thats NOT the way I
want to use ICS. If I wanted a permanent setup I would have gotten one of
those big cat5e spools at lowes and run a line out to my barn. Has anyone
tried to use ISC in this way(wifi to wired) and gotten it to work?
-dh