[Cialug] PSA - Personal Security

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Thu Oct 18 13:48:48 CDT 2007

There are various financial services where you may be able to get free
credit reports run. Check with your bank / credit union / mortgage company.

I agree with what Josh said - that checking your credit report too much
affecting your credit rating is a fairy tale that shifty lenders tell to
keep you in the dark.

When I got my first big loan many moons ago, they wouldn't even let me
look at my credit report even after I asked - he said he'd get fired if
he let me see it. Last car loan I got, my CU loan officer ran one and
handed it to me without me even asking.

-dc