[Cialug] Meeting Reminder - Wednesday October 17

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Oct 16 09:59:51 CDT 2007

Greasemonkey is on the schedule as an option, one that I don't think
we'll need to exercise given the people presenting.

However, given that we might be light next month, we could push the
productivity discussion forward a bit, if folks like.  We can discuss
that after tomorrow's meeting, to avoid confusing the issues.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Tim Wilson" <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> 10/15/07 6:11 PM >>>
According to the calendar, Greasemonkey is also on the schedule.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the meeting, so I won't be able
talk about Greasemonkey.

On 10/9/07, Josh More <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:

> Since very few students have responded to me, I want to send out
> another meeting reminder.
>
> Next week we have a "College Night", where college students are
> encouraged to attend the meeting and talk about what they're doing.
> After which we can talk about career issues.
>
> I will briefly discuss certifications.
>
> Sharon Vickery will discuss making the leap from being an employee
> being a consultant, including what the difference is and when it is
(and
> isn't) a good idea to move.
>
> Martin Lucas will discuss interviewing techniques.
>

> After that, if people are interested, we can have a roundtable
> discussion on job searches in general.  I know that some on this
list
> are searching now, so it should be a good meeting to attend.  I also
> know that some on this list are hiring now, so I hope that they
attend
> as well.
>
> If you are interested in presenting, please drop me an email so I
can
> get it scheduled.
>
> Thank you,
>

> -Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC