[Cialug] wireless communities in Iowa?

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 07:13:42 CDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:
> The mayor and Qwest (apprarently) have decided that our kids
> will get second-rate education, period.

First, talk realistically.  They're not committed to a second-rate
education for Charles City's offspring.  They're committed to a
financial bottom line, like you said earlier.  You can use this to
your advantage: "Dear Mr or Mrs Mayor, I know that you support giving
a first class education to our children just as much as I do, which is
why I'm sure you'll agree that what I'm doing is okay with you..." and
so on.

Next, Use an Internet Service Provider other than Qwest (doesn't Iowa
Telecom serve Charles City?) and set up your Merakis anyway.  If you
get sued or prosecuted, I'll contribute to your defense.

signed, -todd, tdwalton at gmail.com, on this day October 13 2007.