[Cialug] wireless communities in Iowa?

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Fri Oct 12 14:59:45 CDT 2007

Theron Conrey wrote:
> Not sure how Qwest can say that unless they're actually providing the ISP service as well.  Interesting.
>
> -Theron

Qwest didn't say it, a city official said it, which is worse.  Either
the city official wanted to lay the "authority" on Qwest, in order to
communicate that the city does not want citizen initiatives, or the city
official ran to Qwest to let them know there was trouble afoot in the
community that might impact on Qwest's bottom line.  If there's another
explanation, I'll be interested to find out.
Tom