[Cialug] Which VM for workstation use?

Theron Conrey theron.conrey at dice.com
Fri Oct 12 15:00:30 CDT 2007

Two virtual procs in your case = one physical processor.  We all know how well XP performs with a gig of RAM, but it should be tolerable.  Also of note,
you're going to see better performance out of workstation than you will out of server.  Installing the Vmware tools should help some on server (actually you'll see it help keep your Ubuntu environment functional).  If you can swing it, try and get a copy of workstation.  If you need a license to test with send me a note offline, I bought a license (for Linux) that I'm not using because my company bought licenses, and I'm using that one at work (All Xen after hours.)

-Theron