[Cialug] The Baby has landed!

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Oct 12 10:44:04 CDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Mark Hesseltine <markhesseltine at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/12/07, Josh More <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> > Congratulations.
> >
> > However, looking at http://baby.pohl-family.net , I caution you not to
> > name him "Baby".  Sure, it works fine for now, but should you wind up
> > with another child, you have to either rename your first one (and deal
> > with the legacy DNS issues) or name the new child "Little Baby"
> > (baby.little) to maintain consistency.
>
> At worst, you'd just have to name the next ones baby1, baby2, etc. and
> use round-robin load balancing with them.

Yes, this happened to me (except the round-robin part). First child, a boy,
was "Baby." Now, second child is "Baby girl." If there should ever come a
third child and it was a girl, there'd need to be an additional qualifier
added, maybe "Darling baby girl" or similar.

It's best to start out with future expansion in mind.

CNGRTS.TOM

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode