[Cialug] sharing user credentials

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Oct 10 16:49:01 CDT 2007

On 10/10/07, Josh More <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:

> OpenLDAP will take care of most of what you need.  Set up the service on
> each server, modify the shell auth to use LDAP, and make sure the two
> services synchronize changes with one another.  Recreate each user and
> set up the UIDs for each.

I will say that you may have some security issues, but if you want to
> do what you're doing, I'm guessing that there are good reasons.  To
> properly address the security concerns, I'd need to visit in person and
> get a solid handle on what you're trying to do and why.

Thanks Josh, I didn't know there was a way to spread ssh keys through ldap.
I just did some googling and it looks like this is possible.

I''l give it a try locally to see how it looks security-wise.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode