[Cialug] sharing user credentials

David Bierce operations at cynicbytrade.com
Wed Oct 10 16:34:26 CDT 2007

LDAP (OpenLDAP, eDirectory, Fedora DS) seems to be what you're
looking for.  You can use nss_ldap for User/Group info and even
passwords if you want (Though Kerberos is cool).  LDAP is also has
pretty wide support for a lot of applications depending on your
doing.  You can also configure PAM to create home directories on
login.  LDAP is pretty NAT happy as long as both sides aren't NAT'd.

And of course as I type I see Josh responded with the same answer as
I typed...ah well <SEND> :)

David Bierce